September 25, 2012

All The World

All the World
by Liz Garton Scanlon and Marla Frazee

The book is more about rhymes and a poem that takes you through a wonderful day. The rhymes are mostly not in sentences but list words that describe and name things. 

I think the most stunning feature of the books are the amazing drawings. The book is seriously a piece of art. The combination of breathtaking drawings with words that give you warm fuzzy feelings lets this book have quite an emotional impact on the reader. 

I like about this book that it is not just a cute book or just a girly fuzzy book, but that it is looking at the world at large and I think that makes this book a good read not just for girls but for boys as well. I know my boys enjoy this book, even though it doesn't get them as much as a scary monster book would. However, when we do get to the end and it say "All the world is me and you", even they get their fuzzy feelings out and like to include all the people that are important to them and should be added to that list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment