October 1, 2012

Duck! Rabbit!

Duck! Rabbit!
by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld

This book has not much of a story. It has a picture of the duck/rabbit on each page and then on each side a voice arguing for it being a duck or a rabbit. It concludes with each voice taking on the other voice's opinion and that is pretty much it. 

First my kids took a moment to get what they are talking about. Once they had it figured out, that the same picture could be both a duck and a rabbit, it was pretty easy going for them.

The graphics I found lacking of creativity. There was really not much to this book.

The writing is in the form of an argument and that wasn't what I was looking for as well. Maybe I am overreacting, but I am trying to get my boys to argue less. I don't need a book for them written in the form of an argument. 

The boys didn't favor this book either. They wanted to read it perhaps twice and then it got old really fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment